Saturday 1 September 2012

AUGUST RUDOLPH DAY CHALLENGE - INSPIRED BY SHEENA


Hi there blog friends and thank you to everyone who has left a comment on my blog recently.  I am very chuffed!!! 

I had another go at card making for Christmas yesterday, plus a card for another Challenge - wow I am speeding up quite a bit recently.  I think this is what I needed - a blog to share my cards and for me to be inspired by my blog friends.  Me creative jooooces are working!!!!

Anyway (sorry I went orf at a tangent) - here is another card for the Rudolph day Challenge at the http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/ .   These are some of Sheena Douglass' stamps and my card was definitely inspired by her.  I love the way she stamps and then drags the ink in with a waterbrush.  I added some glitter on the roof etc for a snowy effect.  There is a punched strip (Martha Stewart) behind the main stamped piece with a little bit of lace on it and then some poinsettia and flourish diecuts.

 
I'm grateful that I was able to craft yesterday 'cos I had an awful night last night - I have atrial fibrillation and my heart goes ten to the dozen on occasions.  I end up feeling as if I have run a marathon - without any benefits!  Anyway I think I might have a little snooze now.  Catch you later blog friends.  I am so happy with all of my new blog friends - even my hubby has noticed!!!!
  
Big hugs to you all and thanks for stopping by.
 
SUE

13 comments:

  1. Really love this Sue. The sepia colour is gorgeous and the embellishments really pull it all together. Hope you are feeling better now. Love fom Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is SO pretty Sue. I love the vintage feel to the card and that border punch is just lovely. Pretty floral embellishments just finish it off.

    Thanks for entering a third card to my challenge. Good luck.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    Well you deserve every follower you get, your always produce lovely work and todays card is no exception. The lovely use of the sepia ink is stunning and it makes for such an alternative to the usual Christmas cards. I really like this, it is so professional.
    Have a great weekend.
    Regards Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Sue, I love the image and the colours are wonderful. Your embellishments are fabulous too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Sue well done ,a fab shape too and super stamping . Thank you so much for your super comments on my blog . Have a super weekend
    Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really lovely card Sue, the image is gorgeous and the colours you have chosen really make it 'pop'. Sorry you had a bad night and hope you are feeling better now, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how beautiful! This is simply smashing. I love how you've inked it. Hope you have a better night tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Sue so pretty and I kind of know how your feeling my hubby needs a new heart so crafting is my stress relief..take care of yourself huggles xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue, this stamp by Sheena Douglass is one of my all time favourites and you have certainly done it justice with the sepia effect. A really lovely Christmas card I would love to see on my mantle piece.

    Thank you so much for commenting on my card that Linda showcased on her Creative Harmony blog you are very kind and I very much appreciate your time, Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really stunning Sue, I love the spepia effect and all the little extras.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely card Sue - I adore it. You take care honey. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue,
    what a very wonderful creation. The work in it so lovely. Just love, love,love, it. You take care and get some rest, so you can bring us more lovely work.
    Have a great crafty Sunday everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card love the way you have done sepia effect must try this I have got this stamp and only used it once may have to get it out .melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx