Wednesday 18 September 2013

OH MOJO OH MOJO WHERE ART THOU???

Bonjour peeps and blogsters out there!!!  Blimey the old Mojo has been wandering in the rain (stop dancing that bloomin' raindance - you know who you are, lol!!) and the Mojo Fairy has been on her hols!  Mind you there is probably a good reason for it!  I have been asked, by a friend I used to work with, to make birthday cards for his twins - 18 years old - Adam is into Mechanical Engineering and Jemma is into Bio Chemistry - thus out flew the Mojo Fairy on a cheap break to Tenerife!

Anyway you lovely peeps, I have finished the first one!  Oh and by the way, thank you so much for stopping by and checking me out.  I have almost 100 followers now and I am sooooooo chuffed - I would do another happy dance but Graham shouted at me last time (you know when that was Di) because he thought the floor would give way!


I looked through my stamps and digis but couldn't find one suitable so I checked out th'internet and found this one on some colouring pages.  I liked the fact that it looked steampunky so I coloured it with my Promarkers in greys and browns.  I used two little splashes of red,  one on the screwdriver and the other one on the gauge just below the steam.  I wanted to use some coggy things, but I know that this one is going to be posted so I needed to keep it as light as possible.  I found some Eco-Friendly die cut cogs and painted them with Mulch Eco-Friendly Acrylic paint plus a dab of Black E-F paint.   Then I took a La Blanche script stamp and stamped on them in Alabaster Colorbox Chalk Ink.  Must admit I am totally chuffed with the result.  I used the same stamp on the ticket to add a little bit of interest.  I wanted to put a sentiment on the front but it need to fit in so I printed off a dictionary page (found on th'internet) and then typed the HAPPY BIRTHDAY over the printed page.  I covered a piece of the Eco-Friendly die cut board with the printed sentiment - again I am quite chuffed with this.  I have even decorated the inside 'cos it is speshul!!!!! LOL.

Ingredients
8" x 8" Kraft Card Blank - Papermania
Digi - Colouring pages on th'internet
Papers - Industriana from Kanban
Core'dinations brown card
Script backing paper - th'internet
Clock face mask - That Special Touch ...
Ticket - Tim Holtz - Journaling Ticket
Tissue Tape - Tim Holtz - Nostalgia
Acrylic Paint - Eco-Friendly Mulch and Black
Cogs - Eco-Friendly die cut shapes
Script Stamp - La Blanche
Alabaster Chalk Ink - Colorbox
 
I hope you like it, it has certainly been a challenge for me - I do say that I like challenges though, 'cos they keep me brain active!   Sorry, I meant to say me brain cell active!!
 
Thank you so much if you have managed to leave me a comment, albeit a cheeky one!  I do love reading your warbles soooo much. 
 
Anyway I will be off now and leave you to whatever floats your boat - I guess, if you are an early bird, I will still be in me pit however Deana (our lovely hairdresser) is coming to spruce us up this afternoon, so I can't fester in here for too long!  Shucks!
 
Big hugs to you
 
SUE xxx
 
I might be editing this one later today if I decide to enter a challenge or three!   Ooops I had forgotten this so please allow me to enter the following 10 Challenges!!!
 
4 Krafty Girlz Challenge No 2 - http://4kraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
I Love Promarkers Challenge No 186 -


29 comments:

  1. Well, floating my boat is pretty apt at the moment. Lol! And I promise that I have definitely stopped doing the old rain dance. At this rate I won't need to worry about my well for a bit! But I digress... Your card is absolutely fabulous Sue. He's going to love it! I keep going back to the image because there is so much to see. Fantabulous!! Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think your mojo has wandered far Sue as this is totally brilliant! Love that image and what you did with the cogs and ticket! All fabulous he will love it, can't wait to see what you do with the bio-chemistry one!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Sue. Such a fabulous image, your colouring is brilliant and I love all the detailing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your mojo is still present as this is a great card for a tricky request. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gob-smacking gorgeous. Really awesome creation sweetie. I am lost for words.


    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue this is stunning...absolutely fabulous!!! I love everything about it, and the image? What a great find too...I don't think mr mojo went away for long:) hugs Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helloooooooooo me crafterteer buddy! long time no see LOL sorry I've been totally ditzy I mean dizzy with this bloomin vertigo! just getting back on my feet it knocked me for a right six! Well hope your hair do's are fab :) This card is totally fantabulous dahhhhhhhhling! I love it what a clever girly you are, must have been a quickie visit to Tenerifeee for your mojo because it came back quick LOL Lubs you lots and lots and jelly tots! give our love to Graham hugglessssssssssssssssss my bestie Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I feel your pain, my friend! But this really is a fabby card. Mr Mojo hasn't wondered far, me thinks!
    hugs, Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue,
    me lovely warbling mate.
    Now how fab is this gem of a card. I love , love, every bit of it. I could have done with a few of your bits for a card I'm going to show after the said Birthday.
    Great photography as usual Graham.
    Now I'm away from my desk and you start posting you naughty thing. It seems like every time I'm not about you post your super cars.Oops that should have read cards not cars. lol.
    I managed to do the Here thingy on my blog. Now I feel a right poop as it was soooooooooooo ! easy. lol.
    Have the most wonderful crafty week.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can steampunk be cute? This is! Wonderful how many ways you display the "Age of Steam" and modernization with your art skills. So your mojo has abandoned you, Sue? Maybe they will be back soon. LOL LOVE this card and all your special details! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card you made and the image is perfect! =) Great coloring and perfect with the cogs! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love the gears. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great Steampunk themed card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh BOY this is just so awesome Sue, love that image...cool stuff lol.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh BOY this is just so awesome Sue, love that image...cool stuff lol.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful card. It fits the brief so perfectly. Love the Embossing folder that you used and the papers, cogs etc are spot on....especially love the sentiment stamped on the printed page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great steam punk card, great for a male of the species, thank you for joining us at I♥ProMarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant image! I love all the papers and embellishments you've used. A fantastic card!! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Awesome card, love it the print of the cogs, the papers the image, every bit of this is awesome, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous masculine card! Love the image and the steampunk feel. You would never know that your Mojo had gone AWOL. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautifully crafted, Sue. Thank you for entering your lovely card for Tammy Scraping Corner 80 'anything goes' challenge, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gosh I wish I could make such a stunning card when my mojo leaves home! Love the image and your papers and the "coggy things"! A great masculine card. Thanks for joining us at the Ooh La La Challenge. Michelle x DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow you sure nailed it on this one. What a fantastic card for a guy. I bet he loved it.
    I know I do. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, love all that masculin!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great masculine card, it's so difficult sometimes to come up with a nice card without all the 'fuss', but you pulled it off nicely! Love your idea for the cogs, I might steal that ;) Thank you for playing along with us @ Ooh La La :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing!!! Great masculine card, love all of the details. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges this week for our Anything Goes Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card Sue, are you still doing a happy dance lol, your posts always make me smile. Loving the steampunk theme. Thank you for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab steampunk card! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck. Wendy DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx