Saturday 15 March 2014

CCC(6) - CHRISTINE'S THEME - LET'S SEE SOME WINGS!

Good afternoon peeps, thank you first of all for all the comments on Thomas' birthday card - they really were amazing and my card seemed to be a hit with you.  I am beginning to find male cards much easier now, thank  goodness, and the fact that you all seem to like them is a total bonus!!

Anyway onto today, this is my early CCC post and this fortnight my blog friend Christine chose the theme for us.  She wants to see wings on our Christmas cards but doesn't mind whether they are angels, fairies or birds.  I bought this Art Pad Set 16 from LOTV a short while ago and it is so pretty that I decided to use this lovely little pre-coloured angel on my card.  My favourite thing is to colour my images myself,  but this was toooo cute to ignore.

I chose the LOTV Winter Wishes paper pad and then loads of dies.  I used bits and bobs of white 'linen finish' card for the diecuts and sprayed them with Crafters' Companion Iridescent Spray and Sparkle.  You can't see it in the pic but irl it looks quite good - even though I do say so meself.


 I have started the inside of the card with the plaid paper plus a blue central square piece.  I will add a verse/greeting later on.

Ingredients

7" x 7" White card blank - Anna Marie Designs (these are a fabulous quality)
Coloured image - LOTV Art Pad - Set 16 - Christmas Angels (New)
Plaid paper - LOTV Winter Wishes
Blue Card - American Textured Cardstock (12" x 12")
Embossing Folder - Die'sire Splendour
Pierced Square Stax die - Die-namics
Frosty Border die - Memory Box
Tilth Floral die - Memory Box
Poinsettia die - All Occasions 
Snowflakes die - I.O.  (Die100-F)
Small Star die - Lea'bilities Pine Tree set
Snowflake plate die - Cheery Lynn (C146)
Christmas Blessings die - Tattered Lace Sentiments
Iridescent Spray and Sparkle - Crafters' Companion
Gem stones/Seed beads - Stash

This has been another great challenge on the CCC and I have really enjoyed making my card so 'thank you Christine'.  I should put the girls' blog links down the side of my blog - will sort this out when I get a round tuit!!!

Thank you for checking out my work, I do hope to hear from you again soon.  Thank you also for any comments you may have left for me to read - it is so nice to see them.  We are having a very sunny day here so I hope you are having the same wherever you are.  Take care of yourselves - catch up with you again soon.

Lots of big hugs to you all

SUE xxx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges 


Card Mania Challenge No 42 - http://cardmaniachallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/cmc42-something-new.html  (New Art Pad from LOTV - Image)
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge 11-17 March - http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-11th-anything-goes-challenge.html

29 comments:

  1. Well this is gorgeous Sue! Believe it or not, I have one of these LOTV toppers sitting on my desk (long before the Art Pads) but it is the two angels with trumpets. As you will see tomorrow - I didn't use it this time!!

    This is such a sweet image and all your embellishments set it off perfectly! Love the flower in the corner. And the LOTV winter pad is on my shopping list for NEC (remind me if I forget!!) This is a fabulous card for the CCC challenge.


    Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a cute card, then I do love LOTV images. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a serene and beautiful card, I absolutely love it. Thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous Sue.
    I,m having lovely day crafting as there is footy, rugby and motor racing on, so he is occupied channel hopping !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card Sue...I love LOTV images I fact I am just back from the Harrogate show and have been looking at the new art pads...they are fab....have fun at the NEC not going this time ..shame I would love to....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh errrrr Missus I'm going to get my backside kicked I've done that much DT work this week and scheduled lots of it I forgot it was a CCC week too oh my I better get shifting and get one made!!! This is gorgeous love all your die cuts and you know LOTV is my fave anyway, see you sooooooooooooooooon huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Sue! Such a cute image and I really love the way you have framed her will all those gorgeous die cuts and fabulous sparkle too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sue - a really stunning Christmas card! Perfection indeed.

    Hugs

    di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stunning card
    The LOTV image is a wonderful addition to your great design
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, this is beautiful, so delicate with the use of dies and an adorable image, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable Sue. Gorgeous layout and gorgeous embellies.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love this image! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah very pretty and so so angelic!!! Perfect for the challenge. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card and very sweet image.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty image on your wonderful card. I going to check out that spray you mentioned as your card looks so pretty. The 7invh card gives so much more room to add dies! I think I will take peek at that site too!!! But don't tell mr scrappymo. Gorgeous card Sue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Sue. Such a sweet image and beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Sue. The image is adorable. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so very, very pretty Sue. So gorgeous and luxurious, I have die envy lol! I hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. At first glance, I thought I spotted LOTV! I LOVE those designs..they are always so gorgeous. This one is just so delightful & innocent with this little sweetie. Loved all the sparkly dies that you've added to enhance this icy blue card. Really gorgeous. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful card Sue, love the muted colours and gorgeous dies you've used. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Sue.....fabulous LOTV image and all your elements are wonderful.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning Design….thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, I hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge…
    Hugs
    Suzy B~Owner~ Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    XX

    GOOD LUCK xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sue lovely Christmas card the topper is so pretty and love the papers and die cuts! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely stunning card, Sue! Love the delicate die-cuts and the angel is so adorable! Christine sure gave us a fun theme.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card for Christine's CCC challenge - it is so delightful - love those die cuts and the way you've used them. Thanks for sharing this for Completely Christmas 3, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is stunning! Your image is gorgeous and the diecuts look amazing. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful - love all the dies you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. A little Christmas Spirit is always on time ! Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge!
    Smiles, Kaly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx