Tuesday 30 May 2017

INTERNATIONAL ART AND SOUL - CHALLENGE NO 9 - STITCHING (REAL OR FAUX)


Oh blimey - I had totally forgotten to put this on my blog until today - I really am getting too flippin' old!  Anyway now that I have remembered (miracles do happen) here's my card for the IntAAS challenge this fortnight.   Our theme is 'Stitching - Real or Faux' so as I have some new dies (yup more new ones!) I decided to do 'faux' stitching.  I love the wonky stitches on here and am hoping to get the round set too.  A while ago I bought some coloured muslin on Ebay and thought it would go with my design - had to choose this purple of course!


The wording on the image says 'Dream' but I wanted a watery feel to my card - don't know why!! - so I used a seaweed and seashell backing paper with the muslin, flowers and aurora borealis gems.

Ingredients

7" x 7" white pearl card cut into a circle - Anna Marie Designs
Digi - 'Dream' from Digi Stamps 4 Joy (I won this one)
Spellbinders Dies - Grand Circles die
Spellbinders Dies - Grand Decorative Circles die
MFT Die-namics Dies - Wonky Stitched Oval die
Flowers, leaves and swirl die - Unbranded dies
Kay and Co papers - 12" x 12" 'Best of Kay and Co Too' pad
LOTV Art Pad Sentiment
Coloured Muslin from Ebay
Copic Markers
Gems - old stash from Create and Craft

I hope you like this one, we would really love to see your creations on our Challenge blog (here) this fortnight, as usual this is such a lovely theme!

Before I go, I must tell you a bit more about Biscuit's door bell - yup that's right he has his own bell now.   The maestro had said he was really fed up with having to get up and down to check if Biscuit wanted to come back in - I couldn't do it 'cos I was in me craft room! 😉😉😉- so he had decided to see if he could make a door bell for pussycats!  Now I thought that this was a good idea but he could think again if he expected me to teach buggerlugs to press it - duh, just like the time I told the vet to be careful when she took our first cat's temperature 'cos he would chew the thermometer !!!!!!!!  To cut a really barmy tale shorter - he actually found one on t'internet that detected movement and we duly bought said wonderful invention!  All has been well since installation although ..... and this is hard to believe ..... we honestly think that Biscuit knows exactly what the detector on the door does and he tends to do a dance on the mat if the door isn't opened immediately, so we then get an elephant trumpeting in the dining room, loudly!  There are several sounds but this one is the loudest - so the maestro can hear it properly when he's watching his F1 etc etc.  It really is good though, especially if you don't want to install a cat flap!!!  This ginger tinker is totally spoilt!


Take care all of you and thank you for any comments you may leave on my blog, I know I don't deserve them 'cos I tend to forget about commenting on my blog friends' sites once I've done my DT commenting.  Such a bad blogger!!!

Hugs to you all and lots of love


Suexxx

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges -

6 comments:

  1. What a fun story, Soupie, and what a smart ginger puss!! I had no idea there even was such a thing! What card? Oh, yes, and your card is utterly gorgeous in shape and bling and coloring! I love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,,what a gorgeous puss, clever too, what a wonderful story. Our cat just takes the Micky all the time, you let him out, he wants in, and so it goes on, but love him to bits.
    Lovely card, gorgeous colours and design, sweet image and super embellishments, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue me wonderful blogging mate.
    Oh your card is gorgeous and wonderfully created as usual.
    Love that image, your flowers, and that lovely colour muslin.
    A super shaped easel card.
    oh what a clever puss and a wonderful invention for the parents AKA the Maestro, and yourself.
    Love and big crafty hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.
    Pekkies for Pidgy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Agnes what a fabby card and I love the pic of biscuit huggles Winnie see you Sunday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a delightfully spoiled kitty! Everyone should have one, right, Sue? So pretty!
    Your card is FABULOUS! I love the colors and all those amazing design details. It's beautifully designed, and the colors are wonderful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx